Australia is ruled by a Liberal Party-National Party Coalition. The Australian Deputy PM Barnaby Joyce (National Party) has been castigated by PM Malcolm Turnbull (Liberal Party) for leaving his wife and 4 daughters and finding love with his former media adviser who is expecting a baby. Self-righteous Turnbull has announced a ban on Ministerial sex with staffers, and Joyce finally surrendered office, while trivia-obsessed, Elephant-in-the-Room-ignoring Mainstream Australia ignores sex ban analogies with those of the Deep South, Nazi Germany, Apartheid South Africa and Apartheid Israel.
The Opposition Labour Party has (possibly disingenuously) adopted the principled stand that the sex lives of MPs are private matters that should not be matters for public discussion but is concerned over any conflict of interest involving Joyce e.g. Joyce received free housing from a business man supporter and Joyce’s partner was successively employed by 2 of Joyce’s National Party MP colleagues. However the progressive and libertarian Greens have matched the conservative Liberals for self-righteous indignation and insistent demands for Joyce’s removal. The politically correct (PC) commentariat, the Coalition, Labor and the Greens have supported the Ministerial sex ban on the plausible basis that such workplace relations are ethically dubious by typically involving a power imbalance between a powerful man and a female subordinate.
PM Malcolm Turnbull, whose Government has trailed the Labor Opposition in a succession of nearly 30 polls, went in over-the-top, boots and all : “The real issue is the terrible hurt and humiliation that Barnaby [Joyce] by his conduct, has visited on his wife, Natalie and their daughters and indeed, his new partner. Barnaby made a shocking error of judgement in having an affair with a young woman working in his office. In doing so, he has set off a world of woe for those women and appalled all of us. Our hearts go out to them. It has been a dreadful thing for them to go through in the glare of publicity. Marriage break-ups are dreadful, but to do it, to have to experience it in the full glare of the spotlight, is a dreadful business… Now, Barnaby knows he made that shocking error of judgement. He knows that he let down his wife and daughters and he has apologised for that and to them. He is taking leave next week and I have encouraged him to take that leave. I think that he needs that leave. He needs that time to reflect. He needs that time to seek forgiveness and understanding from his wife and girls. He needs to make a new home for his partner and their baby, who is coming in April…Ministers, regardless of whether they are married or single, must not engage in sexual relations with their staff. Doing so will constitute a breach of the standards … Now, I think we all know that Barnaby’s error of judgement, that is the foundation of the woes that have followed, particularly for his family and indeed for his new partner. That error of judgement is something that for a very long time, people in this building and indeed even in the Press Gallery, have regarded as being a personal or a private matter. I have no interest in prying into people’s personal or private affairs, at all. I am not here to moralise, but we must recognise that whatever may have been acceptable, or to which a blind eye was turned in the past, today in 2018, it is not acceptable for a minister to have a sexual relationship with somebody who works for them. It is a very bad workplace practice” .
Various Liberal Party politicians have backed the PM in his appalling public intervention in the private life of Deputy Prime Minister and National Party Leader Barnaby Joyce who hit back at the PM in a press conference statement over Turnbull’s interference in his personal life and in internal National Party matters: “I am incredibly sorry for the hurt that I’ve caused Natalie [his wife from whom he is separated], my [four] daughters and Vikki [Campion, his pregnant partner] since my marriage break up last year. I say that again I am incredibly sorry and apologise to the people of New England but appreciate their immense support that I have received, immense support. I also state to my colleagues in the National party, I thank them deeply for the support they have given me and apologise once more to them for the inconvenience and the hurt as they have gone on sections of this trial and tribulation with me.… In regards to the code that the prime minister announced yesterday, of course it is the prime minister’s code and as it is the prime minister’s code we support it and we will do our best endeavours to see it through. It goes without saying that this will create immense fodder for the good people in the media and it will obviously reverberate across all political parties. I’ll go on by saying that I would not wish on friend nor foe the hurt, the scrutiny, the intense intrusion into your life that I have gone through, through this process – I would not wish that on friend nor foe.… In regards to comments by the prime minister yesterday at his press conference I have to say that in many instances they caused further harm. I believe they were in many instances inept and most definitely in many instances unnecessary… In regards to the National party, there is nothing that we dislike more than implied intervention into the party processes of the National party – we are our own independent political unit – we make our own decisions especially around those who are the office holders” .
Ultra-conservative former Coalition Prime Minister Tony Abbott, who was betrayed and replaced as PM by Malcolm Turnbull after 30 successive bad polling results, has weighed in by saying that as a general rule he would not interfere with the Liberal’s Coalition partner, the National Party: “I am just not going to get into any details about personalities or specifics, but certainly as a general rule one party doesn’t give another party public advice. That’s the general rule that I observed” .
To paraphrase Malcolm Turnbull, the real issue is the terrible, shocking, appalling, woeful and dreadful hurt and humiliation that Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has inflicted on Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce and his new partner who are being retrospectively punished for vote-catching reasons by Turnbull and his Liberal Party cronies for the asserted crime of falling in love.
The truth of the matter is that a substantial proportion of Australian marriages end with divorce (about 1 in 3 )  and that in the Western world workplace romance is substantial and a significant prelude to long-term relationship. Thus The US corporate analysis organization Vault reports (2017): “A majority (57%) of those surveyed have participated in some kind of office romance. 21% of these office romances were random hookups, 16% led to long-term relationships, and 14% led to ongoing but casual relationships” 
Now all kinds of workplace relations can lead to actual or perceived conflict or conflict of interest. However conflict of interest is a core reality in Western democracies that have become Kleptocracies, Plutocracies, Murdochracies, Lobbyocracies, Corporatocracies and Dollarocracies in which Big Money purchases people, politicians, parties, policies, public perception of reality, votes, more political power and thence more private profit.
Professor Gillian Triggs , former head of the Australians Human Rights Commission and the target for sustained attack by the Coalition has stated of the Coalition Government that: “We have a government that is ideologically opposed to human rights” . Malcolm Turnbull’s Ministerial sex ban is a violation of human rights in that it crassly intervenes to violate that most fundamental human trait of true love between 2 people. The endlessly hypocritical Australian commentariat that has finally succeeded in hounding Barnaby Joyce from political life, is arguing for such relationship bans because of differential power between boss and subordinate, but is ignoring (a) existing workplace rights and (b) the slippery slope of such bans that could justify bans on all kinds of other disparate relationships.
Progressive Jewish Australian CEO of Melbourne University Publishing, Louise Adler, took a principled stand for personal privacy against PM Turnbull’s moralizing outburst: “I thought it was an extraordinary performance by the Prime Minister, acting as the moral arbiter-in-chief of the community” [7, 8].
It is worth noting that a number of deeply racist governments around the world that have variously been backed by the extreme right wing Australian Coalition or its leaders have legislated bans on sexual relations between members of particular ethnic or religious groups, with punishments ranging from ostracism and inconvenience to imprisonment and death.
While it is at the mild end of the scale of “sex bans”, the Australian Government ban on Ministerial sex with staffers nevertheless falls within the set of historical government bans on sexual relations between people of group A and group B, as amplified below.
- British Empire. The British Empire involved tens of millions of White Britishers ruling hundreds of millions of non-White subjects (many in India). There were inevitably sexual liaisons that were variously unofficially condoned or punished by ostracism and exclusion (e.g. exclusion from Whites-only clubs, facilities and society). British relations with Indians ranged from loving relationships to the most horrifying expressions of racism. Some anti-miscegenation measures were introduced after the 1857 Indian Rebellion, noting that as many as 10 million Indians may have been killed by the British in reprisals for 2,000 Britishers killed in the rebellion [9-13].
Numerous examples of this horrifying racism can be given e.g. Lord Hastings (Lord Moira, Marquess of Hastings and Governor-General of India, 1813-1823) (1813): “ The Hindoo appears a being nearly limited to mere animal functions and even in them indifferent. Their proficiency and skill in the several lines of occupation to which they are restricted, are little more than the dexterity of which any animal with a similar conformation but with no higher intellect than a dog, an elephant, or a monkey, might be supposed to be capable of attaining. It is enough to see this in order to have full conviction that such a people can at no period have been more advanced in civil policy” ; UK PM Winston Churchill to Leo Amery, Secretary of State for India (1942) “I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion” ; Charles Dickens in a letter to Emile de la Rue on 23 October 1857 about the so-called Indian Mutiny of 1857: “I wish I were Commander in Chief over there [ India ]! I would address that Oriental character which must be powerfully spoken to, in something like the following placard, which should be vigorously translated into all native dialects, “I, The Inimitable, holding this office of mine, and firmly believing that I hold it by the permission of Heaven and not by the appointment of Satan, have the honor to inform you Hindoo gentry that it is my intention, with all possible avoidance of unnecessary cruelty and with all merciful swiftness of execution, to exterminate the Race from the face of the earth, which disfigured the earth with the late abominable atrocities [2,000 British killed in the 1857 Indian War of Independence aka the 1857 Indian Mutiny]” . Of course the ultimate expression of British racism was genocidal mass murder in the Americas, Africa, Oceania, Australasia and Asia, most horrifyingly in India where 1,800 million Indians perished avoidably from murderously-imposed deprivation under 2 centuries of British mis-rule [12-15].
A remarkable testament to British hostility towards non-Europeans was the beautiful Anglo-Indian movie actress Merle Oberon who was born in Bombay (Mumbai) in 1911 and after her career was launched married film director Alexander Korda. During her professional life Merle Oberon maintained the fiction that she had been born in the remote island state of Tasmania, a story she finally denied on visiting Hobart in 1978, the year before her death, for a hugely attended Lord Mayoral reception  (indeed as a Tasmanian I was brought up to believe that Merle Oberon was one of our most famous Tasmanians, together with pianist Eileen Joyce, Hollywood actor Errol Flynn and General Montgomery of WW2 fame).
In some parts of the British Empire, notably Canada  and Australia [18-20] but also in Fiji, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea  , miscegenation was in effect punished by authorities removing mixed-race children from their mothers. In Canada 150,000 children were forcibly removed  and in Australia up to 1 in 3 Indigenous Australian children were forcibly taken from their families and communities between 1910 and 1970 [18-20].
- Canada. Relationships between White Canadians and First Nations Peoples were punished by forcible removal of children from their mothers, with 150,000 mixed-race children and their parents being horribly abused in this way.
- White Australia. As noted above, as many as 1 in 3 Indigenous children were forcibly removed form their mothers in the period 1910-1970 (the Stolen Generations). The total removed in the 230 year Aboriginal Genocide are of the order of 0.1 million [16-18]. One notes that former Coalition PM John Howard of Iraqi invasion and Iraqi Genocide notoriety, notoriously refused to apologize to the Stolen Generations, an apology which was famously delivered by his successor, Labor PM Kevin Rudd, in his National Apology “Sorry Speech” in 2008 . On the 10th anniversary of the National Apology Kevin Rudd and PM Malcolm Turnbull were present but Turnbull disappointed Stolen Generation survivors by rudely leaving early . Turnbull has similarly crudely rejected the one single consensus demand from Indigenous Australians that they be permitted an Indigenous Council to simply advise the Australian Federal Parliament on Indigenous matters.
In 1869 Victoria passed the Aborigines Protection Act permitting removal of Indigenous children to reformatories or industrial schools. In 1905, Western Australia (WA) passed the Aborigines Act, establishing a Chief Protector to serve as the legal guardian of all Aboriginal or “half-caste” children under the age of 16. In New South Wales (NSW), the Director of Native Welfare was the legal guardian of all Aboriginal children until 1965. All other states in Australian states followed with laws that gave a designated Chief Protector the authority to control nearly every aspect of Aboriginal life, including where they could live and whom they could marry  . The 1905 WA Act prohibited “marriage of a female aboriginal with any person other than an aboriginal” without written permission of the Chief Protector. Male non-aboriginals cohabiting with female aboriginals was prohibited and mere travelling with a female aboriginal was deemed evidence of illegal cohabitation .
Of course the White Australia Policy (1901-1974) meant deportation or refusal of entry to Australia of non-European spouses of White Australians. The racist Labor post-WW2 Minister for Immigration (and later Leader of the Opposition), Arthur Calwell, was assiduous in keeping non-Europeans out of Australia and is remembered for the following appalling assertions : “Two Wongs do not make a White” , “We can have a white Australia, we can have a black Australia, but a mongrel Australia is impossible, and I shall not take the first steps to establish the precedents which will allow the floodgates to be opened”, and “We will not let the yellow hordes contaminate our golden shores” (, Chapter 17). The White Australia Policy was weakening under Coalition PM Harold Holt (26 January 1966 – 17 December 1967). Thus when I had to go down to the Australian Government Immigration Offices in 1966 to obtain a visa for my very dark-skinned, non-European fiancé, Zareena, to come to Australia, they asked me whether she was a prostitute. I wanted the visa stamped so I adopted the pragmatic course of replying politely “No, sir” rather than leaping the counter and satisfying honour (this story is recounted in June Duncan Owen’s book “Mixed Matches. Interracial marriages in Australia”, UNSW Press, 2002). Harold Holt disappeared while swimming at an ocean beach, this tragedy spawning numerous conspiracy theories (e.g. was the CIA involved or was he kidnapped by a Communist Chinese submarine?) As far as I know, nobody has suggested that he might have been killed by White Australia fanatics (half the population at the time).
- Genocidal and Segregationist United States. The chief problems with racism are that people are not responsible for their ethnicity, and the very act of discriminatory legislation leads to arbitrary definitions about spouses, children and grandchildren etc . associated with “mixed marriages”. Thus the United States that was actually founded in 1776 on the desire to “go West” and dispossess the First Peoples, enacted and enforced laws (notably genocidal psychopath Andrew Jackson’s 1830 Indian Removal Act) to remove all Indians from East of the Mississippi, racist laws that would have also punished those involved in “mixed marriages” . The United States began sending American Indians to off-reservation boarding schools in the 1879 and finally ended this genocidal and ethnocidal practice in 1938 . Horrible state laws in the Deep South prohibited inter-racial marriages. Thus the Huffington Post (2012): “Despite the fact that the number of interracial marriages in the U.S. reached an all-time high this year, there are many who still believe that mixed-race marriage is unacceptable and should be made illegal, according to a new report. … Although the Supreme Court declared anti-miscegenation laws unconstitutional more than four decades ago in 1967, Alabama kept a state-level law on the books until 2000. Many mixed-race couples in the Deep South are still struggling to feel safe and be accepted in their communities” . Anti-miscegenation laws are commonly regarded as a Deep South phenomenon but most Western and Plains states also enacted such laws. American anti-miscegenation laws were first introduced in North America from the late seventeenth century onwards and variously banned the marriage of whites and non-white groups, primarily blacks, but often also Native Americans and Asians .
- Nazi Germany. Genocidally racist Nazi Germany introduced anti-miscegenation laws aimed at Jews and Roma (Gypsies) but also at Aryan-non-Aryan relationships in general. After 1941 the punishment for people in inter-racial marriages and their children was imprisonment with the frequent outcome of death through violence or deprivation in highly-abusive concentrations camps (death camps). In Occupied Poland a male Pole having sexual relations with a German woman was punished by death .
- Neo-Nazi Apartheid South Africa. In 1685 the Dutch East India Company banned marriages between European settlers and full-blooded Asian or African slave women. In 1927, the Pact coalition government passed an Immorality Act prohibiting marriages between whites and blacks but not between whites and mixed-race “coloured” people. Apartheid South Africa’s 1949 Prohibition of Mixed Marriages Act prohibited marriages between whites and anyone deemed to be non-whites. The Population Registration Act (No. 30) of 1950 classified South Africans as white, coloured, or native (Bantu) people ( Indians were included as “Asians” in 1959 but Japanese became “honorary whites). Many Afrikaaner Apartheiders were imprisoned during WW2 as Nazi sympathizers. US-, UK-, Australia- and Apartheid Israel-backed Apartheid in white minority-ruled South Africa finally collapsed with one-person-one-vote in 1993, leaving Apartheid Israel as the world’s only remaining Apartheid state.
- Neo-Nazi Apartheid Israel. The appalling crimes of US-, UK-, EU-, Canada- and Australia-backed Apartheid Israel are grossly under-reported by the Zionist-subverted Western Mainstream media. The Palestinian Genocide has involved 2.0 million Palestinian deaths from violence (0.1 million) or from imposed deprivation (1.9 million), 8 million Palestinian refugees, the ethnic cleansing of 90% of the land of Palestine, and highly abusive, violent and indefinite confinement of presently 5 million Occupied Palestinians in the Gaza Concentration Camp (2 million) or in West Bank ghettoes (3 million). The horrendous dimensions of the ongoing Palestinian Genocide invite comparisons with the WW2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million Jews killed by violence or imposed deprivation). Of about 14 million Palestinians (half of them children), 7 million are forbidden to even step foot in their own country, 5 million are held hostage with zero human rights under Israeli guns in the Gaza Concentration Camp (2.0 million) or in ever-dwindling West Bank Bantustan ghettoes (3.0 million), and 1.8 million live as Third Class citizens as Israeli Palestinians under Nazi-style Apartheid Israeli race laws. 90% of Palestine has now been ethnically cleansed of Indigenous Palestinian inhabitants in an ongoing, war criminal ethnic cleansing that has been repeatedly condemned by the UN and most recently by UN Security Council Resolution 2334 that was unanimously supported (with a remarkable Obama US abstention rather than a veto). Of Apartheid Israel’s now 50% Indigenous Palestinian subjects, 74% cannot vote for the government ruling them i.e. egregious Apartheid [19, 31].
Racist and bigoted Apartheid Israel forbids secular marriage as well as forbidding same-sex marriage, multi-faith marriage and Israeli-Occupied Palestinian marriage  . People desiring such marriages must get married outside of Apartheid Israel. However in the case of Israel-Occupied Palestinian marriages, co-habitation is effectively and obscenely prohibited under Apartheid Israeli laws. In the case of rare Jewish Israeli-Palestinian Israeli marriages, the participants face disapproval and if the mother is Jewish the neo-Nazi Apartheid state declares the children to be Jewish and subject to conscription that they naturally oppose .
After several weeks of pressure the National Party leader, Barnaby Joyce, threw in the towel. The final coup de grace was a secret sexual harassment allegation to the National Party that appears to have been leaked by a Liberal Party MP. The turmoil is set to continue with (a) the Nationals furious at their Liberal Party Coalition partners, (b) a politically destroyed, angry and vocal Barnaby Joyce sitting on the back bench of Parliament without the constraints of Cabinet solidarity, and (c) a new, corrosive and hypocritical Australian political culture involving attacks based on the private lives of politicians rather than rational arguments about substantive economic and social matters.
Of course the serious human rights matters discussed above involving government intrusion to ban consensual human relationships will not get an airing in the mendacious, US lackey, pro-Zionist, pro-Apartheid Israel and pro-Apartheid Mainstream Australia. One notes that conservative Australian politicians have been variously complicit by supporting human rights-abusing regimes described in 1-7 above. Thus, for example:
- British Empire. Australia has been deeply complicit in the racist and indeed genocidally racist crimes of the British empire [11-15, 38-40] (most evilly and yet most secretly in the WW2 Bengali Holocaust in which the British with Australian complicity deliberately starved 6-7 million Indians to death for strategic reasons) [13-15, 41, 42].
- Canada. Australia and Canada had similar ethnocidal policies of removal of Indigenous children from their mothers [17, 18] and today Australia competes with Canada for second place after the US as a supporter of Apartheid Israel.
- White Australia. All Australian PMs have presided over large-scale removal of Indigenous children from their mothers that is presently occurring at a record rate [18-21]. Under draconian Australian anti-terrorism laws a spouse or partner can be imprisoned for 5 years for telling someone that his/her partner has been subject to long-term arrest without charge  ;
- Genocidal and Segregationist United States. Australia has been intimately linked to a deeply racist US, especially after the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack, noting that Segregation has now become firmly re-established stronger than ever in a racist and deeply morally compromised America [44-49]. Indeed PM Turnbull on a “brown-nosing” trip to Trump America has lavishly praised America with the egregiously false assertion that “The Indo-Pacific region has enjoyed so much peace and prosperity for so long that there are some who forget that none of it would be possible without the sheet anchor of American commitment and strategic power” , an assertion that ignores the 40 million Asians who have died from violence or war-imposed deprivation in post-1950 US Asian wars, in all of which US lackey Australia has participated [39, 40].
- Nazi Germany. The founder of the Australian Liberal Party, Robert Menzies, was notorious for his pre-WW2 praise for fascism and Nazi Germany, and received the moniker “Pig Iron Bob” for approving pre-WW2 pig iron exports to Japan when it was raping China (, Chapter 17). Of course the nuclear terrorist, serial invader, serial war criminal America that Australia so cravenly supports is a neo-fascist corporatist state that is worse than Nazi Germany in having over 7,000 nuclear weapons poised for delivery and consequent terracide .
- Neo-Nazi Apartheid South Africa. Australia under conservative governments was a great supporter of neo-Nazi Apartheid South Africa, together with the US, UK and Apartheid Israel. .
- Neo-Nazi Apartheid Israel. Australia under all smiles, oh-so-charming but lipstick-on-a pig , US lackey and pre-eminent Australian Christian Zionist, Malcolm Turnbull, is second only to Trump America as a supporters of nuclear terrorist, genocidally racist, grossly human rights-violating, democracy-by-genocide Apartheid Israel. Indeed Turnbull utterly trashed Australia’s reputation by joining Trump in rejecting the 2016 UN Security Council Resolution 2334 against Apartheid Israeli war crimes in the Occupied Palestinian Territory , and by inviting genocidally racist, serial war criminal Israel PM Netanyahu to visit Australia in 2017 .
Australia has long had a “look the other way” culture of lying by omission that continues today with a cravenly pro-US, pro-Zionist, pro-Apartheid Israel and pro-Apartheid Australia. Sensible, science-informed Australians concerned about the real issues of war, inequity, human rights and the worsening climate emergency will utterly reject this new gutter conservative low of mendacity- and sexed-based politics, vote 1 Green and put the Coalition last.
. Malcolm Turnbull, “Full transcript from Malcolm Turnbull’s press conference”, Sydney Morning Herald, 15 February 2018: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/the-full-transcript-from-malcolm-turnbull-s-press-conference-20180215-p4z0ih.html .
. Barnaby Joyce, “What Joyce said about Turnbull, the Coalition and his leadership – full transcript”, The Guardian, 16 February 2018: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/feb/16/what-joyce-said-about-turnbull-the-coalition-and-his-leadership-full-transcript .
. Henry Belot, “Tony Abbott takes swipe at Malcolm Turnbull over handling of Barnaby Joyce affair”, ABC News, 17 February 2018: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-17/abbott-weighs-in-on-barnaby-joyce-affair/9457714 .
. “Interesting Australian divorce statistics”, Sexual Health Australia: https://www.sexualhealthaustralia.com.au/interesting_stats1.html .
. “Work is for lovers: Vault’s 2017 office romance survey results”, Vault, 13 February 2017: http://www.vault.com/blog/workplace-issues/work-is-for-lovers-vaults-2017-office-romance-survey-results .
. Michael Slezak, “Gillian Triggs: Australian Government “ideologically opposed to human rights””, The Guardian, 26 July 2017: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jul/26/gillian-triggs-australian-government-ideologically-opposed-to-human-rights.
. Neil McMahon, “Q&A recap: the woman who finally upstaged the Barnaby Joyce Affair ”, Sydney Morning Herald, 21 February 2018: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/q-and-a-recap-the-woman-who-finally-upstaged-the-barnaby-joyce-affair-20180219-p4z0wr.html .
. Q&A, “Civil war, colonisation & power”, ABC TV, 18 February 2018: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s4796228.htm .
. Jeremy Paxman, “Jeremy Paxman on the British Empire: where men went to run wild”, The Telegraph, 1 October 2011: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/8796258/Jeremy-Paxman-on-the-British-Empire-where-men-went-to-run-wild.html .
. Jeremy Paxman, “Empire: What Ruling the World Did to the British”, Viking, 2011.
. Shashi Tharoor, “Inglorious Empire. What the British did to India”, Scribe, 2017.
. Gideon Polya, “Review: “Inglorious Empire. What the British did to India” by Shashi Tharoor”, Countercurrents, 8 September 2017: http://www.countercurrents.org/2017/09/08/review-inglorious-empire-what-the-british-did-to-india-by-shashi-tharoor/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History. Colonial rapacity, holocaust denial and the crisis in biological sustainability”, G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 1998, 2008 that is now available for free perusal on the web: http://janeaustenand.blogspot.com/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Genocidal Racist Charles Dickens (1812-1870), Indian Holocaust And UK – US Muslim Genocide”, Countercurrents, 10 February, 2012: https://www.countercurrents.org/polya100212.htm .
. Gideon Polya, “Economist Mahima Khanna, Cambridge Stevenson Prize And Dire Indian Poverty”, Countercurrents, 20 November, 2011: https://www.countercurrents.org/polya201111.htm .
. “Merle Oberon”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merle_Oberon .
. “Canadian India residential school system”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system .
. “Aboriginal Genocide”: https://sites.google.com/site/aboriginalgenocide/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Apartheid Israel’s Palestinian Genocide & Australia’s Aboriginal Genocide compared”, Countercurrents, 20 February 2018: https://countercurrents.org/2018/02/20/apartheid-israels-palestinian-genocide-australias-aboriginal-genocide-compared/ .
. “Stolen Generations”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations .
. Bronwen Douglas and Chris Ballard, editors, “Foreign Bodies: Oceania and the Science of Race 1750-1940” (page 315).
. Ann Davies, “”Nothing to say sorry for: Howard”, Sydney Morning Herald, 12 March 2008: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/nothing-to-say-sorry-for-howard/2008/03/11/1205125911444.html .
. Kevin Rudd, “Kevin Rudd’s sorry speech”, Sydney Morning Herald, 13 February 2008: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/02/13/1202760379056.html .
. Bridget Brennan and Isabella Higgins, “Stolen Generations survivors disappointed after Malcolm Turnbull skips 10th anniversary event”, ABC News, 14 February 2018: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-13/stolen-generations-survivors-disappointed-with-pm-not-at-event/9425990 .
. “3 horrendous anti-Indigenous laws”, Cultural Survival, 2 September2013: https://www.culturalsurvival.org/news/3-horrendous-anti-indigenous-laws .
. “Aborigines Act (WA) 1905”. Scribn: https://www.scribd.com/document/255863246/Aborigines-Act-WA-1905 .
. “Indian Removal”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_removal .
. “Interracial marriage: many Republican voters believe interracial marriage should be illegal”, Huffington Post, 2012: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/interracial-marriage-deep-south_n_1339827.html .
. “Anti-miscegenation laws in the United States”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-miscegenation_laws_in_the_United_States .
. “Anti-miscegenation laws”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-miscegenation_laws .
. Gideon Polya, “Israeli-Palestinian & Middle East conflict – from oil to climate genocide”, Countercurrents, 21 August 2017: https://countercurrents.org/2017/08/21/israeli-palestinian-middle-east-conflict-from-oil-to-climate-genocide/ .
. Gideon Polya, “End 50 Years Of Genocidal Occupation & Human Rights Abuse By US-Backed Apartheid Israel”, Countercurrents, 9 June 2017: https://countercurrents.org/2017/06/09/end-50-years-of-genocidal-occupation-human-rights-abuse-by-us-backed-apartheid-israel/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Universal Declaration of Human Rights & Palestinians. Apartheid Israel violates ALL Palestinian Human Rights”, Palestine Genocide Essays, 24 January 2009: https://sites.google.com/site/palestinegenocideessays/universal-declaration-of-human-rights-palestinians .
. Gideon Polya, “Palestinian Me Too: 140 alphabetically-listed Zionist crimes expose Western complicity & hypocrisy”, Countercurrents, 7 February 2018: https://countercurrents.org/2018/02/07/palestinian-140-alphabetically-listed-zionist-crimes-expose-appalling-western-complicity-hypocrisy/ .
. “Palestinian Genocide”: https://sites.google.com/site/palestiniangenocide/ .
. “Marriage in Israel”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_in_Israel .
. Raf Sanchez, “What’s it like to be a Jew married to an Arab in Israel?”, The Telegraph, 11 January 2011: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/12090439/What-is-it-like-to-be-a-Jew-married-to-an-Arab-in-Israel.html .
. Gideon Polya, “Review: “The Cambridge History Of Australia” Ignores Australian Involvement In 30 Genocides”, Countercurrents, 14 October, 2013: https://www.countercurrents.org/polya141013.htm .
. Gideon Polya, “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”, this including an avoidable mortality-related history of every country since Neolithic times and now available for free perusal on the web: http://globalbodycount.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/body-count-global-avoidable-mortality_05.html .
. Gideon Polya, “As UK Lackeys Or US Lackeys Australians Have Invaded 85 Countries (British 193, French 80, US 70)”, Countercurrents, 9 February, 2015: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya090215.htm .
. Gideon Polya, “Australia And Britain Killed 6-7 Million Indians In WW2 Bengal Famine”, Countercurrents, 29 September, 2011: https://countercurrents.org/polya290911.htm .
. “Bengali Holocaust (WW2 Bengal Famine) writings of Gideon Polya”, Gideon Polya: https://sites.google.com/site/drgideonpolya/bengali-holocaust
. Gideon Polya, “Terror Hysteria – Draconian New Australian Anti-Terrorism Laws Target Journalists, Muslims And Human Rights”, Countercurrents, 8 October, 2014: https://www.countercurrents.org/polya0810114.htm .
. Michelle Alexander, “The New Jim Crow. Mass incarceration in an age of color blindness”.
. Trymaine Lee, “Number of Americans living in poverty hits 52-year high, 27.4 percent of Blacks under the poverty line”, Huffington Post, Black Voices: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/13/number-of-americans-livin_n_960345.html .
. Gideon Polya, “Truth & Boycotts, Divestment & Sanctions (BDS) Can Overcome Huge Inequities Suffered By African Americans Under American Apartheid”, Countercurrents, 29 September, 2014: https://www.countercurrents.org/polya290914.htm
. Michelle Alexander, “The war on drugs and the New Jim Crow”, Race, Poverty, Environment, Vol. 17, No. 1 | Spring 2010: http://reimaginerpe.org/20years/alexander .
. Gregory Smithsimon, “Are Afrcian American families more vulnerable in a largely white neighbourhood?”, Guardian, 21 February 2018: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/feb/21/racial-segregation-in-america-causes .
. Gregory Smithsimon, “Cause . . . And How It Doesn’t Always Equal Effect”, Melville House, 2017.
. Andre Probyn, “Malcolm Turnbull urges US not to diminish presence in Indo-Pacific”, ABC, 25 February 2018: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-25/malcolm-turnbull-urges-us-not-to-diminish-presence-indo-pacific/9482428 .
. “Nuclear weapons ban, end poverty and reverse climate change”: https://sites.google.com/site/300orgsite/nuclear-weapons-ban .
. Gideon Polya, “Is UN Security Council Resolution 2334 the beginning of the end for Apartheid Israel?”, Countercurrents, 28 December 2016: https://countercurrents.org/2016/12/28/is-un-security-council-resolution-2334-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-apartheid-israel/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Australia welcomes genocidal racist and serial war criminal Netanyahu”, Countercurrents, 10 February 2017: https://countercurrents.org/2017/02/10/australia-welcomes-genocidal-racist-and-serial-war-criminal-netanyahu/ .
Dr Gideon Polya taught science students at a major Australian university for 4 decades. He published some 130 works in a 5 decade scientific career, most recently a huge pharmacological reference text “Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds” (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, New York & London , 2003). He has published “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950” (G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 2007: http://globalbodycount.blogspot.com/ ); see also his contributions “Australian complicity in Iraq mass mortality” in “Lies, Deep Fries & Statistics” (edited by Robyn Williams, ABC Books, Sydney, 2007: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/ockhamsrazor/australian-complicity-in-iraq-mass-mortality/3369002#transcript
) and “Ongoing Palestinian Genocide” in “The Plight of the Palestinians (edited by William Cook, Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2010: http://mwcnews.net/focus/analysis/4047-the-plight-of-the-palestinians.html ). He has published a revised and updated 2008 version of his 1998 book “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History” (see: http://janeaustenand.blogspot.com/ ) as biofuel-, globalization- and climate-driven global food price increases threaten a greater famine catastrophe than the man-made famine in British-ruled India that killed 6-7 million Indians in the “forgotten” World War 2 Bengal Famine (see recent BBC broadcast involving Dr Polya, Economics Nobel Laureate Professor Amartya Sen and others: http://www.open.edu/openlearn/history-the-arts/history/social-economic-history/listen-the-bengal-famine ; Gideon Polya: https://sites.google.com/site/drgideonpolya/home ; Gideon Polya Writing: https://sites.google.com/site/gideonpolyawriting/ ; Gideon Polya, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_Polya ) . When words fail one can say it in pictures – for images of Gideon Polya’s huge paintings for the Planet, Peace, Mother and Child see: http://sites.google.com/site/artforpeaceplanetmotherchild/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/gideonpolya/ .