Massive Lying By Omission In Mendacious Obama's Final State Of The Union Address
By Dr Gideon Polya
16 January, 2016
16 January, 2016
Analysis of President Barack Obama's final State of the Union address reveals massive lying by omission. Not mentioned by Obama are that so far during his presidency 12 million Americans have died preventably; 50,000 US veterans have suicided; Americans in poverty reached circa 15% of the population ; the US national debt reached nearly $19 trillion; the Carbon Debt of the US and the world reached $90 trillion and $360 trillion, respectively; the US finally used up its fair share of the world's Terminal Carbon Pollution Budget; the US violently invaded the territory of a record 7 countries; and 120 million people died avoidably world-wide from deprivation on Spaceship Earth with Obama in charge of the flight deck.
Obama's speech was full of wonderful progressive rhetoric for a better
1. Obama on drugs: “So I hope we can work together this year on some bipartisan priorities like criminal justice reform -- (applause) -- and helping people who are battling prescription drug abuse and heroin abuse. (Applause.)”
Reality: 1.2 million people have died world-wide since 9-11 due to US Alliance restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry from 6% of world market share in 2001 to 93% in 2007, the breakdown (as of 2015) including 280,000 Americans, 256,000 Indonesians, 68,000 Iranians, 25,000 British, 14,000 Canadians, 10,000 Germans, and 5,000 Australians [2, 3]. Plants are sessile which is why they have evolved chemical defenses (as exampled by opioids) to deter herbivores (see my huge pharmacological book “Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds”) but are of course defenceless against ground or aerial spraying of herbicides. In April 2008 Australian PM Kevin Rudd failed in his attempt to get the US Alliance to destroy the Afghan opium crops  and in June 2010 he was removed as PM by a US approved, mining corporation-supported and pro-Zionist-led coup . In 2014 under Obama, US-occupied
2. Obama on gun violence: “But tonight, I want to go easy on the traditional list of proposals for the year ahead. Don't worry, I've got plenty… Protecting our kids from gun violence. (Applause.)”
Reality: Obviously all decent people (but evidently none of the bottom-of-the-barrel Republican presidential candidates) want to seriously protect American children , and indeed all Americans, from gun violence. The latest estimate is that 33,000 Americans die gun-related deaths each year  but about 93% of the victims are adults. Thus according to the
1. 443,000 Americans die from smoking-related causes annually (P = 443,000 /319,000,000 = 1.39 in 1,000 = 1 in 719).
2. 440,000 Americans die from adverse events in hospitals each year (P = 1 in 725).
3. 300,000 Americans die from obesity-related causes annually (P = 1 in 1,063).
4. 200,000 Americans die annually from air pollution (e.g. from coal burning, vehicle exhaust, carbon burning in general) (P = 1 in 1,595).
5. 75,000 American alcohol-related deaths annually (P = 1 in 4,253) .
8. 33,000 Americans killed by motor vehicles each year (P = 1 in 9,667).
9. 31,000 gun-related
10. 30,000 Americans suicide annually (P = 1 in 10,633) with 7,000 being US veterans (P = 1 in 45,571).
11. 21,000 avoidable under-5 year old
12. 15,000 Americans are violently murdered annually (P= 1 in 21,267) but, as this list shows, 1.67 million Americans are passively murdered each year by One Percenter-subverted politician inaction and fiscal perversion for war and One Percenter enrichment (P = 1 in 192 ).
3. Obama on terrorists: “We live in a time of extraordinary change -- change that's reshaping the way we live, the way we work, our planet, our place in the world. It's change that promises amazing medical breakthroughs, but also economic disruptions that strain working families. It
Reality: To the US and US Alliance state terrorists, as exemplified by Obama, “ terrorists” are basically people they don't like to the extent that they are trying to kill them and indeed utterly destroy them as a group. As with the ever-changing alliances in George Orwell's novel “1984”, such people are “freedom fighters” in one decade and “terrorists” in another [10, 11]. Thus the US backed Al Qaeda, the Taliban and the mujaheddin as “freedom fighters” against the Russians and secular socialist rule in Afghanistan (1978-1989)  and now are trying to utterly destroy such jihadi groups from Mauritania (the Atlantic Ocean away from the US) to the Philippines (the Pacific Ocean away from the US) . While Obama fulminates against the fundamentalist, sectarian jihadis, the
4. Obama on 7 years of progress: “In fact, it's that [American] spirit that made the progress of these past seven years possible. It's how we recovered from the worst economic crisis in generations. It's how we reformed our health care system, and reinvented our energy sector; how we delivered more care and benefits to our troops and veterans, and
Reality: (a) Dr Paul Craig Roberts (the so-called Father of Reaganomics) dismisses the American Recovery as a fairy tale “that supports America's image as the safe haven, an image that keeps the dollar up, the stock market up, and interest rates down. It is an image that causes the massive numbers of unemployed Americans to blame themselves and not the mishandled economy” ; (b) compromise has meant the continuing exclusion of Americans from a decent health care system and 1.7 million preventable American deaths each year (570 times more such victims each year than died on 9-11 and including 45,000 who die each year from lack of health insurance ) [3, 15]; (c) the US is among the worst countries for annual per capita greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution; (d) American veterans are disproportionately homeless and about 7,300 US veterans commit suicide each year [2, 16]; and (e) the Obama- and US-backed rogue state of Apartheid Israel, after the fashion of the former US- and Apartheid Israel-backed Apartheid South Africa, expressly forbids non-religious, Jewish-to-non-Jewish and Israeli-Occupied Palestinian marriages . How disgusting. And how disgusting that whatever his personal views, Obama, an African –American president of Muslim paternal family background, provides massive US support for genocidal racism, Segregation, Apartheid , anti-Arab anti-Semitism and Islamophobia by Apartheid Israel, the racist tail that wags the Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist (NAZI)-perverted and subverted American dog.
5. Obama on 4 big questions for the future: “So let's talk about the future, and four big questions that I believe we as a country have to answer -- regardless of who the next President is, or who controls the next Congress. First, how do we give everyone a fair shot at opportunity and security in this new economy? (Applause.) Second, how do we make technology work for us, and not against us -- especially when it com
Reality: (a) One Percenter share of wealth and annual income is remorselessly increasing [18, 19]; (b) the US is one of the world's worst for annual per capita greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution and in 2015 used up its “fair share” of the world's Terminal Carbon Pollution Budget that cannot be exceeded if we are to have a 75% chance of avoiding a catastrophic plus 2 degree Centigrade temperature rise ; (c) the US has invaded 70 countries (50 since WW2) [12, 21], the US subverts all nations, has military bases in at least 74 countries with troops all over the world , and the US Alliance has killed 32 million Muslims through violence (5 million) or imposed deprivation (27 million) in 20 countries it has invaded since the US Government's 9-11 false flag operation [13, 23]; and (d) America has become a Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist (NAZI)-perverted and subverted Plutocracy, Murdochracy, Lobbyocracy, Corporatocracy , Kleptocracy, and Dollarocracy in which Big Money purchases people, politicians, parties, policies, public perception of reality, political power and thence more profits in an obscene positive feed-back loop .
6. Obama on the cost of education: “And we have to make college affordable for every American. (Applause.) No hardworking student should be
Reality: All education can and should be free. Indeed numerous countries have made tertiary education (college education) free, the list (with annual per capita income in brackets) including Argentina ($14,760) , Brazil ($11, 199), Cuba ($6.985), Denmark ($59,921), Estonia ($19,328), Finland ($49,265), France ($42, 399), Germany ($45,091), Greece ($21,722), Libya ($12,029 before devastation by the France, UK, US (FUKUS) Coalition), Mauritius ($9,593), Norway ($103,586) and Sweden ($60,566) but not Australia ($65,600). Undergraduate teaching can be provided for about 10% of the current cost using casual, part-time academics, and for about 1% of the current through part-time experts giving accrediting assessments for top quality courses emplaced for free on the web (MOOCs) by top institutions like 152-Nobel-Laureate Harvard and 83-Nobel-Laureate MIT [25, 26].
7. Obama on health care: “That's why Social Security and Medicare are more important than ever. We shouldn't weaken them; we should strengthen them. (Applause.) And for Americans short of retirement, basic benefits should be just as mobile as everything else is today.
Reality: Political compromise by Obama with Big Health , Big Pharma and the racist, religious right Republicans (R4s) has meant, despite some progress, the continuing exclusion of many Americans from a decent health care system and 1.7 million preventable American deaths each year (570 times more such victims each year than died on 9-11 and including 45,000 who die each year from lack of health insurance ) [3, 15]. In contrast, in the decade after 9-11 an average of only about 4 Americans died each year in
8. Obama on poverty: “I also know Speaker Ryan has talked about his interest in tackling poverty.
9. Obama on honesty and corporate power: “But there are some areas where we just have to be honest -- it has been difficult to find agreement over the last seven years. And a lot of them fall under the category of what role the government should play in making sure the system's not rigged in favor of the wealthiest and biggest corporations. (Applause.) And it's an honest disagreement, and the American people have a choice to make.”
Reality: “But there are some areas where we just have to be honest” – a remarkable confession that is substantiated by this comprehensive analysis. The system is rigged in favor of the wealthiest and biggest corporations. I repeat: America is a Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist (NAZI)-perverted and subverted, One Percenter-dominated Plutocracy, Murdochracy, Lobbyocracy, Corporatocracy , Kleptocracy, and Dollarocracy in which Big Money purchases people, politicians, parties, policies, public perception of reality, political power and thence even more profits.
10. Obama on wages: “I believe a thriving private sector is the lifeblood of our economy. I think there are outdated regulations that need to be changed. There is red tape that needs to be cut. (Applause.) There you go! Yes! (Applause) But after years now of record corporate profits, working families won't get more opportunity or bigger paychecks just by letting big banks or big oil or hedge funds make their own rules at everybody else's expense. (Applause.) Middle-class families are not going to feel more secure because we allowed attacks on collective bargaining to go unanswered. Food Stamp recipients did not cause the financial crisis; recklessness on Wall Street did. (Applause.) Immigrants aren't the principal reason wages haven't gone up; those decisions are made in the boardrooms that all too often put quarterly earnings over long-term returns. It's sure not the average family watching tonight that avoids paying taxes through offshore accounts. (Applause.)”
Reality: According to Wikipedia: “One key measure is the real median level, meaning half of households have income above that level and half below, adjusted for inflation. According to the Federal Reserve, this measure was $51,939 in 2013, below the 1999 peak of around $57,000… Extreme poverty in the United States, meaning households living on less than $2 per day before government benefits, more than doubled from 636,000 to 1.46 million households (including 2.8 million children) between 1996 and 2011, with most of this increase occurring after 2008” . The number of Americans living in poverty hit a 52 year high in 2011 . In contrast, One Percenter wealth and share of annual income has remorselessly increased [18, 19].
11. Obama on cure for cancer: “Last year, Vice President Biden said that with a new moonshot,
Reality: Advances in immunotherapy hold out hope for a cure for cancer . but even in Australia (which has one of the best health systems in the world) some new but very expensive cancer therapies still await state subsidy by the Pharmaceutical Benefit Scheme (PBS), this making them presently unavailable for ordinary people . Dr Elizabeth Platz (a cancer researcher and professor of epidemiology at the world-leading Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health): “A lot of what I read about is cures and breakthroughs for cures. But what we know from a public health perspective is that the best thing we can do is prevent cancer in the first case” . Thus according to the American Cancer Society: “In 2015, there will be an estimated 1,658,370 new cancer cases diagnosed and 589,430 cancer deaths in the US”  whereas about 1.7 million Americans die preventably each year with this including 443,000 American deaths from smoking-related causes annually . Yet Obama has been happy to add to the $6 trillion long-term accrual cost to Americans for US wars and the $40 trillion long-term accrual cost to Americans of Apartheid Israel and the killing of tens of millions of Muslims abroad rather than keeping tens of millions Americans alive at home [3, 35].
12. Obama re climate change: ”But even if -- even if the planet wasn't at stake, even if 2014 wasn't the warmest year on record -- until 2015 turned out to be even hotter -- why would we want to pass up the chance for American businesses to produce and sell the energy of the future? (Applause.) Listen, seven years ago, we made the single biggest investment in clean energy in our history. Here are the results. In fields from
Reality: Ireland, the US and America's Anglo lackeys New Zealand, Australia and Canada are the biggest “White Anglo” countries for annual per capita greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution with land use included (41.4, 41.0, 53.2, 52.9 and 50.1 tonnes CO2-equivalent per person per year, respectively). America's annual pollution is so huge that in 2015 the US finally used up its “fair share” of the world's Terminal Carbon Pollution Budget that cannot be exceeded if we are to have a 75% chance of avoiding a catastrophic plus 2 degree Centigrade temperature rise  - the US is now stealing the entitlement of much less polluting countries. Further, the huge shift from coal burning to gas burning under Obama is good for health but because methane leaks and has a Global Warming Potential 105 time greater than that for CO2 on a 20 year time frame with aerosol impacts considered, burning gas can be dirtier GHG-wise than coal burning [36-39].
13. Obama on
Reality: The huge American military expenditure comes at the huge social cost of 1.7 million Americans who die preventably each year, the roughly 1 in 6 Americans who live in poverty, and indeed if we take Obama's “moonshot for cancer” boast seriously, the 0.6 million Americans who die from cancer each year [3, 34, 35].
14. Obama on failing states: “In today's world, we're threatened less by evil empires and more by failing states. The
Reality: Failing states are typically states that have been subject to prolonged war criminal
15. Obama on ISIL: “But as we focus on destroying ISIL, over-the-top claims that this is World War III just play into their hands. Masses of fighters on the back of pickup trucks, twisted souls plotting in apartments or garages -- they pose an enormous danger to civilians; they have to be stopped. But they do not threaten our national existence. (Applause.)”
16. Obama on religion and war: “We don't need to build them up to show that we're serious, and we sure don't need to push away vital allies in this fight by echoing the lie that ISIL is somehow representative of one of the world's largest religions. (Applause.) We just need to call them what they are -- killers and fanatics who have to be rooted out, hunted down, and destroyed. (Applause.)
Reality: The Sunni-dominated but non-sectarian Saddam Hussein administration of
17. Obama on ISIL and inviting Congress to vote for more war : “And that's exactly what we're doing. For more than a year,
Reality: ISIS in
“Non-state terrorism” or “terrorism” are loaded terms variously applied to various intranational or international situations: (a) intranational insurgency for a political cause and/or ethnic independence against a persecuting national government, a foreign occupier or a foreign-backed national government (e.g. the French Resistance in WW2; one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist and typically “terrorists” in the Western perception are people the US Government does not like at the time e.g. US-opposed jihadi terrorists versus US-backed insurgents in Syria); (b) international, ideology-cemented actions (e.g. jihadi terrorists responding to European occupation or domination of Muslim countries); (c) intranational actions against soft civilian targets in support of particular political, nationalist or ideological causes (e.g. anti-imperialism, pro-ethnic independence or anti-abortion atrocities ); (d) state-sponsored non-state terrorism involving overt or covert state support for terrorism in categories (a)- (c) (e.g. US support for Al Qaeda, the Taliban and the mujaheddin in Russian-occupied Afghanistan, and different members of the US Alliance – the US, UK, France, Australia, Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Apartheid Israel, and Jordan - variously supporting anti-Government insurgents in Syria from the Free Syrian Army to ISIS); (e) false flag terrorist operations (e.g. US-run bombing of Catholic churches in Ecuador in the 1970s so that socialists would be blamed ; US Alliance Gladio atrocities in post-war Europe that were blamed on communists ; and numerous science, engineering, architecture, medical , aviation, military and intelligence experts conclude that the US Government was responsible for the 9-11 atrocity [23, 48, 49]); and (f) each year about 0.5 million people die from climate change (with 10 billion to die thus this century in a worsening climate genocide if man-made climate change is not requisitely addressed) , 7 million die from air pollution, and 17 million people die from deprivation on Spaceship Earth with variously ecocidal, speciescidal, ethnocidal, genocidal, omnicidal, terracidal, neoliberal, war criminal and climate criminal governments and corporations in charge of the flight deck - hence the largely self-explanatory terms climate terrorism (terrorism via climate change), carbon terrorism (terrorism via carbon fuel burning), corporate terrorism (terrorism via deadly corporate activity), ecoterrorism (terrorism via ecosystem destruction), ethnoterrorism (ethnicity-based terrorism), bioterrorism (terrorism via biological agents or via deadly changes to the biosphere) , and xenoterrorism (terrorism via dangerous biological or chemical agents) [10, 11].
The Obama Administration claims that US troops killed Osama bin Laden in
18. Obama on endless war: “Our foreign policy hast to be focused on the threat from ISIL and al Qaeda, but it can't stop there. For even without ISIL, even without al Qaeda, instability will continue for decades in many parts of the world -- in the Middle East, in
Reality: Obama is promising an endless War on Muslims and an endless War on Terror as part of an endless American War on Humanity for profit and hegemony that began in 1776, ostensibly over “no taxation without representation” but actually to enable genocidal expansion westward that was constrained by the British in their conflict with France .
19. Obama on smarter approaches to wars: “We also can't try to take over and rebuild every country that falls into crisis, even if it's done with the best of intentions. (Applause.) That's not leadership; that's a recipe for quagmire, spilling American blood and treasure that ultimately will weaken us. It's the lesson of
Reality: An appalling whitewash by Obama of American Imperial war crimes –
20. Obama on Syrian “broken society”: “That's our approach to conflicts like
Reality: Syria was a haven of religious tolerance and hosted more refugees than any other country until the France, UK and US (FUKUS) Alliance decided with their Sunni Muslim allies to back rebellion and removal of the secular Assad Government.
21. Nuclear terrorist Obama on nuclear weapons-free
Reality. Not a word about nuclear terrorism by nuclear terrorist
22. Obama on the Trans-Pacific Partnership: “That's how we forged a Trans-Pacific Partnership to open markets, and protect workers and the environment, and advance American leadership in
Reality. The TPP was designed to exclude
23. Obama on the Cold War: “So if you want to consolidate our leadership and credibility in the hemisphere, recognize that the Cold War is over -- lift the embargo [on
Reality: Obama re-initiated the Cold War with
24. Obama on aid for security not charity: “The point is American leadership in the 21st century is not a choice between ignoring the rest of the world -- except when we kill terrorists -- or occupying and rebuilding whatever society is unraveling. Leadership means a wise application of military power, and rallying the world behind causes that are right. It means seeing our foreign assistance as a part of our national security, not something separate, not charity.”
Reality: Obama confesses the moral bottom of the barrel reality that
25. Obama on climate change: “When we lead nearly 200 nations to the most ambitious agreement in history to fight climate change, yes, that helps vulnerable countries, but it also protects our kids.”
Reality: The weak, non-binding and dishonest Paris Climate Agreement will have delighted climate criminal and war criminal nations like Saudi Arabia, the US and US lackey Australia, but has betrayed our children, grandchildren, future generations, the Developing World, Humanity and the Biosphere – the target of plus 1.5 to plus 2 degrees C of warming is both unavoidable and catastrophic and key matters are non-binding. The
26. Obama on defending democracy and health: “When we help
27. Obama on
Reality: The US Guantanamo torture facility is not just expensive, unnecessary and counterproductive – it is also utterly wrong and a gross abuse of human rights and the law, crimes with which Obama is complicit, notwithstanding his progressive rhetoric.
28. Obama on Muslims: “And that's why we need to reject any politics -- any politics -- that targets people because of race or religion. (Applause.) Let me just say this. This is not a matter of political correctness. This is a matter of understanding just what it is that makes us strong. The world respects us not just for our arsenal; it respects us for our diversity, and our openness, and the way we respect every faith. His Holiness, Pope Francis, told this body from the very spot that I'm standing on tonight that
Reality: Racism is wrong and the worst expression of racism is the invasion of foreign countries – yet Obama in his 7 years in office has invaded 7 countries (
29. Obama on democracy: “Democracy grinds to a halt without a willingness to compromise, or when even basic facts are contested, or when we listen only to those who agree with us. Our public life withers when only the most extreme voices get all the attention. And most of all, democracy breaks down when the average person feels their voice doesn't matter; that the system is rigged in favor of the rich or the powerful or some special interest. I think we've got to end the practice of drawing our congressional districts so that politicians can pick their voters, and not the other way around. (Applause.) Let a bipartisan group do it. (Applause.) We have to reduce the influence of money in our politics, so that a handful of families or hidden interests can't bankroll our elections. (Applause.) And if our existing approach to campaign finance reform can't pass muster in the courts, we need to work together to find a real solution -- because it's a problem. And most of you don't like raising money. I know; I've done it. (Applause.)
Reality: America is a Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist (NAZI)-perverted and subverted, One Percenter-dominated Plutocracy, Murdochracy, Lobbyocracy, Corporatocracy , Kleptocracy, and Dollarocracy in which Big Money purchases people, politicians, parties, policies, public perception of reality, political power and thence even more profit. 5-6 million Americans have been disenfranchised because of felony convictions and more than a million of these disenfranchised Americans are black. Felony convictions restrict 13 percent of the country's black male population from voting. Other restrictions may prevent African Americans from voting . Dr Michelle Alexander ( author of “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness”, former director of the Racial Justice Project of the ACLU in Northern California, former law clerk to Justice Harry Blackman on the U.S. Supreme Court, and who currently holds a joint appointment with the Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity and the Moritz College of Law at Ohio State University ): “If you take into account prisoners, a large majority of African American men in some urban areas have been labeled felons for life. (In the
30. Obama on “God on our side”: “Thank you, God bless you. God bless the
Reality: Just as the barbarous ISIS invokes religion and “God” to enthuse its fighters in the Syrian Civil War and the Iraqi Civil War (post-2011 deaths totalling about 300,000 and 30,000, respectively), so too does barbarous Obama in support of the US-dominated world order in which 17 million people die avoidably each year from deprivation on Spaceship Earth with Obama in charge of the flight deck, and 32 million Muslims have died from violence (5 million) or from war-imposed deprivation (27 million) in 20 countries invaded by the US Alliance in the US War on Terror and US War on Muslims since the US Government's false flag atrocity on 9-11 [23, 48, 49].
Completely missing from Obama's speech was any mention Israel, Apartheid, Apartheid Israel or of the traitorous and genocidally racist Zionists who together with the Neoconservatives dominate a Neocon and Zionist Imperialist (NAZI)-perverted and subverted America that has committed to a long-term accrual cost to the US totalling $40 trillion of nuclear terrorist, serial war criminal, and genocidally racist Apartheid Israel. By the end of Obama's presidential term this appalling moral and fiscal perversion will have been inescapably linked to 26 million preventable American deaths since the US Government's false flag atrocity on 9-11 that killed about 3,000 people. One wonders what Americans will do when it becomes generally apparent that the US Government did 9-11, very likely with the complicity of traitorous American Zionists and Apartheid
In stark contrast to Obama's optimism over the
President Obama's chief science adviser, Professor John Holdren, has specified (1) nuclear weapons, (2) poverty and (3) climate change as the 3 most acute , existential threats facing Humanity . However Obama (1) re-started the Cold War and turned a blind eye to nuclear terrorism by Apartheid Israel [60, 61]; (2) has presided over increasing wealth disparity in which 1.7 million Americans die preventably each year  and 17 million people die avoidably each year world-wide from deprivation and deprivation-exacerbated disease ; and (3) ensured that the US as a leading greenhouse gas (GHG) polluter played a major role in the betrayal of Humanity and the Biosphere at the Paris Climate Change Conference [64-66].
Barack Obama is a brilliant orator and his speech sets him well above his knuckle-dragging, racist, religious right Republican (R4) opponents. However as documented above, Obama's final State of the Union address speech, while inspiring in relation to some progressive social change, was a litany of lies of commission and lies of omission. An endlessly mendacious Barack Obama is a world leader in current drug pushing, war criminal invasion of other countries, de facto anti-Arab anti-Semitism, de facto Islamophobia, state terrorism, corporate terrorism, carbon terrorism, climate terrorism, and active and passive mass murder. Decent, sensible and informed Americans who are not fooled by Obama's casuistry will vote Democrat this year (the Republicans being utterly awful and beyond the pale) but must also inform everyone they can about Obama's betrayal of truth and Humanity.
. Barack Obama, “Remarks of President Barack Obama – state of the union address as delivered”, White House, 13 January 2015: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/01/12/remarks-president-barack-obama-%E2%80%93-prepared-delivery-state-union-address .
. “Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide”: http://sites.google.com/site/afghanholocaustafghangenocide/ .
. Gideon Polya, “West Ignores 11 Million Muslim War Deaths & 23 Million Preventable American Deaths Since US Government's False-flag 9-11 Atrocity”, Countercurrents, 9 September, 2015: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya090915.htm .
. “Rudd fails to get NATO support”, Sydney Morning Herald, 4 April 2008: http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/rudd-fails-to-get-nato-support/2008/04/04/1207249391198.html .
. Gideon Polya, Media-Ignored US, Corporate And Zionist Subversion Of Australian Democracy In Ex-PM Rudd-PM Gillard Battle”, Countercurrents, 27 February, 2012: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya270212.htm .
. UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), World Drug Report 2015: https://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr2015/World_Drug_Report_2015.pdf .
. The Trace, “How many people have been shot near you this year? An interactive map of American gun violence”, 14 January 2016: http://www.thetrace.org/2015/12/gun-deaths-interactive-map-2015/ .
. Ronald Bailey, “How scared of terrorism should you be?”, Reason.com, 6 September 2011: http://reason.com/archives/2011/09/06/how-scared-of-terrorism-should .
. “Stop state terrorism” : https://sites.google.com/site/stopstateterrorism/ .
. "State crime and non-state terrorism": https://sites.google.com/site/statecrimeandnonstateterrorism/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”, that includes an avoidable mortality-related a history of every country since Neolithic times and now available for free perusal on the web: http://globalbodycount.blogspot.com/ .
. Gideon Polya,“Paris Atrocity Context: 27 Million Muslim Avoidable Deaths From Imposed Deprivation In 20 Countries Violated By US
. Gideon Polya, “Fundamentalist America Has Trashed Secular Governance, Modernity, Democracy, Women's Rights And Children's Rights In The Muslim World”, Countercurrents, 21 May, 2015: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya210515.htm
. “New study finds 45,000 deaths annually due to lack of health coverage”, Harvard Gazette, 17 February 2012: http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2009/09/new-study-finds-45000-deaths-annually-linked-to-lack-of-health-coverage/ .
. Dr Janet Kemp and Dr Robert Bossarte, “Suicide data report, 2012”, Department of Veterans Affairs, Mental Health Services, Suicide Prevention Program, especially Figure 3: http://www.va.gov/opa/docs/Suicide-Data-Report-2012-final.pdf .
. Saree Makdisi, “Does the term “apartheid” fit
. Thomas Piketty, “Capital In The Twenty-First Century”, Belknap, Harvard, 2014.
. Gideon Polya, “Key Book Review: “Capital In The Twenty-First Century” By Thomas Piketty”, Countercurrents, 1 July, 2014: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya010714.htm .
. Gideon Polya, “Revised Annual Per Capita Greenhouse Gas Pollution For All Countries – What Is Your Country Doing?”, Countercurrents, 6 January, 2016: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya060116.htm .
. William Blum, “
. “These are all the countries where the
. “Experts: US did 9-11”: : https://sites.google.com/site/expertsusdid911/ .
. “Mainstream media lying”: https://sites.google.com/site/mainstreammedialying/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Accredited Remote Learning”: http://accreditedremotelearning.blogspot.com.au/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Book Review: “Selling Students Short” By Richard Hil – Neoliberal Corruption Of Corporatised Australian Universities”, Countercurrents, 29 May, 2015: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya290515.htm
. Adam Johnson, “45 million Americans live in poverty but you wouldn't know it from watching 2016 coverage:, AlterNet, January 2016: http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/45-million-americans-live-poverty-you-wouldnt-know-it-watching-2016-coverage .
. Gideon Polya, “Truth & Boycotts, Divestment & Sanctions (BDS) Can Overcome Huge Inequities Suffered By African Americans Under American Apartheid”, Countercurrents, 29 September, 2014: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya290914.htm .
. Trymaine Lee, “Number of Americans living in poverty hits 52 year high, 27.4 percent of blacks under the poverty line”, Huffington Post, 13 September 2011: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/13/number-of-americans-livin_n_960345.html .
. “Household income in the
. Eli Rosenberg, “Why Joe Biden's call for “a moonshot to cure cancer” may not be far-fetched”, Guardian, 15 January 2016: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/14/cancer-cure-joe-biden-medical-research .
. Kate Hagan, “Cost of cancer drugs rises sharply to $586 million”, The
. American Cancer Society, “Cancer facts & figures 2015”: http://www.cancer.org/research/cancerfactsstatistics/cancerfactsfigures2015/ .
. Gideon Polya, “American Holocaust, Millions Of Untimely American Deaths And $40 Trillion Cost Of
. “Stop air pollution deaths”: https://sites.google.com/site/300orgsite/stop-air-pollution-deaths .
. “Gas is not clean energy”: https://sites.google.com/site/gasisnotcleanenergy/ .
. Gideon Polya, “Pro-gas Obama's EPA-based Plan To Reduce Coal-based Pollution Amounts To Climate Change Inaction”, Countercurrents, 7 June, 2014: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya070614.htm
. Gideon Polya, “Obama's Clean Power Plan Will Only Cut 2030 US Greenhouse Gas Pollution By 5%”, Countercurrents, 7 August, 2015
. “New Development Bank”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Development_Bank .
. “UN Convention on the prevention and punishment of the crime of genocide, UN: http://www.hrweb.org/legal/genocide.html .
. Ali Khan, “Is NATO committing genocide in
. Tim Anderson, “Who supports the Islamic State (ISIS)?
. Ulson Gunnar, “The “state sponsors” of ISIS, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey: why are they not subject to sanctions”, Global Research, 21 September 2014: http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-state-sponsors-of-isis-saudi-arabia-qatar-turkey-why-are-they-no-subjected-to-sanctions/5403310 .
. Enrico Braun, “
. Phillip Agee, “Inside the Company. CIA Diary”, Penguin,
. “Operation Gladio”, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio .
. Elias Davidsson, “There is no evidence that Muslims committed the crime of 9-11”, Op Ed News, 10 January 2008: http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/There-is-no-evidence-that-by-Elias-Davidsson-100811-366.html .
. Elias Davidsson, “Hijacking
. “BBC censors Benazir Bhutto's 2007 Frost TV interview assertion about “Omar Sheik, the man who murdered Osama Bin Laden”:, Censorship by the BBC: https://sites.google.com/site/censorshipbythebbc/bbc-censors-benazir .
. Jules Dufour, “The worldwide network of
. Gideon Polya, “The US Has Invaded 70 Nations Since 1776 – Make 4 July Independence From America Day”, Countercurrents, 5 July, 2013: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya050713.htm .
. Gideon Polya, “British Have Invaded 193 Countries: Make 26 January ( Australia Day, Invasion Day) British Invasion Day”, Countercurrents, 23 January, 2015: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya230115.htm .
. Gideon Polya, “As UK Lackeys Or US Lackeys Australians Have Invaded 85 Countries (British 193, French 80, US 70)”, Countercurrents, 9 February, 2015: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya090215.htm .
. Gideon Polya, “President Hollande And French Invasion Of Privacy Versus French Invasion Of 80 Countries Since 800 AD”, Countercurrents, 15 January, 2014: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya150114.htm .
. Stephen Lendman, “
. Icasualties: http://icasualties.org/ .
. “Iraqi Holocaust, Iraqi Genocide”: http://sites.google.com/site/iraqiholocaustiraqigenocide/
. “Muslim Holocaust Muslim Genocide”: https://sites.google.com/site/muslimholocaustmuslimgenocide/ .
. “Nuclear weapons ban , end poverty & reverse climate change”: https://sites.google.com/site/300orgsite/nuclear-weapons-ban .
. “List of states with nuclear weapons”, Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons .
. Gideon Polya, “Congress Of
. Stephen Zunes. “The strategic functions of
. COP21 climate change summit reaches deal in
. Melissa Clarke, “
. Gideon Polya, “Paris Climate Agreement Betrays Humanity Which Must Apply Boycotts, Divestment And Sanctions (BDS) Against Climate Criminal People, Corporations & Countries”, Countercurrents, 14 December, 2015: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya141215.htm .
. Michelle Alexander, “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness”, The New Press, 2010.
. Michelle Alexander, “The war on drugs and the New Jim Crow”, Race, Poverty, Environment, Vol. 17, No. 1 | Spring 2010: http://reimaginerpe.org/20years/alexander .
. Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky, “Manufacturing Consent. The political economy of the mass media”, Pantheon,
. Edward S. Herman and David Peterson, “The Politics of Genocide”, Monthly Review Press,
. Gideon Polya, “Book Review: “The Politics Of Genocide” By Edward Herman And David Peterson”, Countercurrents, 5 December, 2011: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya051211.htm .
. “Mainstream media censorship”: https://sites.google.com/site/mainstreammediacensorship/home .
. Dr Chris Hope, “How high should climate change taxes be?”, Working Paper Series, Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, 9.2011: http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/media/assets/wp1109.pdf .
. “Carbon Debt Carbon Credit”: https://sites.google.com/site/carbondebtcarboncredit/ .
. “Divest from fossil fuels”: https://sites.google.com/site/300orgsite/divest-from-fossil-fuels .
. “Climate Justice & Intergenerational Equity”: https://sites.google.com/site/300orgsite/climate-justice .
. “Science & economics experts: Carbon Tax needed NOT Carbon Trading”: https://sites.google.com/site/300orgsite/sciennce-economics-experts-carbon-tax-needed-not-carbon-trading/ .
. “Stop climate crime”: https://sites.google.com/site/300orgsite/stop-climate-crime .
. Gideon Polya, “Congress Of
Dr Gideon Polya taught science students at a major Australian university for 4 decades. He published some 130 works in a 5 decade scientific career, most recently a huge pharmacological reference text "Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds" (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis,
) and “Ongoing Palestinian Genocide” in “The Plight of the Palestinians (edited by William Cook, Palgrave Macmillan,